Payroll & Benefits Officer Wanted
Flagstaff County is recruiting for the permanent full-time position of:
Payroll & Benefits Officer
Summary of Position:
The Payroll & Benefits Officer is responsible for processing payroll and the benefits plan for salaried and hourly employees and the elected officials, with some key responsibilities as follows:
- Review timesheets for completion and accuracy and prepare for processing and review.
- Process payroll file for direct deposit transmittal and/or cheque printing.
- Process set ups and terminations of employees on the payroll system and produce Records of Employment.
- Prepare benefit payments and reports for the Local Authorities Pension Plan (LAPP).
- Update and maintain employee worksheets for vacation, sick and personal leave days.
- Prepare remittance payments to the Receiver General for payroll deductions.
- Prepare year-end requirements including payroll balancing, T4 preparation, LAPP, and Workers Compensation Board (WCB) annual reports.
- Ensure the payroll and benefit accounts are balanced and reconciled to the General Ledger.
- Develop a good working knowledge of payroll matters, including employment standards legislation, County policies, statutory deductions, pension plan and benefit programs.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all records and only release information in accordance with County policy and applicable legislation.
- Maintain payroll department filing to ensure an orderly and efficient filing system, including archiving and records clean up/destruction.
- One (1) year post-secondary education in accounting with relation to payroll and benefits or equivalent experience.
- Experience with payroll and benefits computer programs.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent communication, organizational and accuracy skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships in the course of work, including the ability to work cooperatively in a team environment as well as independently.
- Ability to perform a variety of tasks and prioritize the use of time to meet deadlines.
For the full job description, please check our website at www.flagstaff.ab.ca.
Position Type: Permanent Full-Time
Hours of Work: 7 hrs/day - 35 hrs/wk
Salary Range: $ 54,255.32 - $ 66,727.19
Closing Date: January 19, 2018
Flagstaff County Vision:
A safe, caring and vibrant rural ‘Community of communities’ committed to working with our neighbours to ensure the quality of life for all citizens.
As an innovative and progressive ‘Community’ that balances economic prosperity and environmental stewardship, we deliver a responsible level of service that is both efficient and effective.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their resume along with a cover letter by mail or email to:
12435 Township Road 442,
PO Box 358
Sedgewick, AB T0B 4C0
Direct: (780) 384-4109
Thank you to all applicants for your interest in Flagstaff County; however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
- Start Date:
- End Date: